We are looking for local residents to become River Rangers to help, conserve, survey and champion your local watercourses across Colne Valley Regional Park.
River Rangers play a key role in monitoring and reporting a small stretch of river. River Ranger activities include:
Monitoring and Reporting
- Wildlife and riverbank features provides vital information which adds to our local knowledge helping understand trend and changes.
- Water quality and river features, which provides important information to help improve river decision making at a local level.
- Reporting pollution incidents to ensuring a quick response vital for river health.
- Surveying river system for invasive species focusing on Himalayan Balsam and Floating Pennywort to help quick action to control spread of species.
- Fly tipping and littering which threatens local ecology as well as public enjoyment of the river system.
- Practical conservation activities to preserve and enhance local habitats
- Nature and well being walks
- Public engagement about the local river environment, including threats and solutions
As a volunteer River Ranger you can choose how often you volunteer, for example 2 hours every month or once a year. Each individual will be fully supported by the Colne Valley Landscape Partnership Scheme, who will provide training and equipment as well as offering river focused workshops, and social events.
A register form can be downloaded from below link. Please send you register form to firstname.lastname@example.org