The Colne Catchment Action Network (ColneCAN) partnership brings together water companies, local authorities, charities, anglers, conservationists, local residents and businesses to ensure a co-ordinated catchment-wide approach and local action. Our Project Manager Tom, works with these stakeholders to achieve the partnership’s six aims for improving the river catchment.
- To improve wildlife corridors
- To improve water quality
- To manage flow
- To control invasive non-native species
- To involve people with their local waterbodies
- To work together
For more information on the projects being delivered, please see the ColneCAN website http://www.colnecan.org.uk/
In addition to hosting ColneCAN, we also manage a range of river improvement projects in the lower catchment:
- The Lower Colne Fish Passage Project
A project focusing on resolving barriers to fish passage on all waterbodies.
- The Colne Floating Pennywort Project
Reducing the range and spread of floating pennywort.
- The Lower Colne Catchment River Improvement Project
Identifying and carrying out river restoration works.