Colne Valley Cattle Checker – Volunteer opportunity
Note: The cattle have left the meadows for the winter – this volunteer opportunity will return in the spring.
As part of the Colne Valley Landscape Partnership Schemes and in partnership with London Wildlife Trust , we are looking for local residents to help, conserve, survey (e.g. butterflies, bats, wildflowers) and champion your local meadows. People that walk regularly at Denham Country Park or Staines Moor can also help by keeping an eye out on the cattle restoring the meadows. Contact us to ask how!
Meadow activities include:
Monitoring and Reporting
- Wildlife and botanical surveys provide vital information which adds to our local knowledge helping understand trend and changes.
- Meadow quality provides important information to help improve land related decision making at a local level.
- High biodiversity can lead to better protection of what we care for and makes the ecological system stronger.
- Of course we care of the ones that work for us, either cattle or volunteer. Monitoring and reporting makes sure that animal welfare is ensured.
- Public engagement about the local environment, including threats and solutions
As a volunteer you can choose how often you volunteer, for example 2 hours every month or once a year. Each individual will be fully supported by the Colne Valley Landscape Partnership Scheme, who will provide training and equipment as well as offering meadow focused workshops, and social events
A registration form can be downloaded from below link. Please send you registration form to firstname.lastname@example.org