Groundwork South is currently recruiting for a Habitat and Access Conservation Officer to join the Colne Valley Landscape Partnership Scheme.
|Location:||Colne Valley Visitor Centre, Denham Court Drive, Denham Bucks, UB9 5PG|
|Contract:||Fixed term to end Sept 2022 With an ambition to extend if funding can be secured.|
|Hours:||37.5 hours per week or Part time hours / Job share would be considered for the right candidates with a combination of experience. Options can be discussed at interview.|
Are you passionate about caring for the countryside, habitat conservation and helping people to engage with the countryside on their doorstep? Are you organised and able to manage projects to their successful conclusion?
This is a key role in the team for the Colne Valley Landscape Partnership Scheme which is funded by the Heritage Lottery Fund. It is a 4 year project covering a raft of improvements for people and wildlife. The Colne Valley Regional Park is the first large taste of countryside to the west of London and covers an area of 43 square miles. It comprises a mosaic of farmland, woodland, villages, and water – including over 200 miles of river and canal, and more than 70 lakes.
Summary of role:
Working as part of an enthusiastic team and reporting to the Programme Manager you would be responsible for undertaking a group of projects encompassing conservation tasks, habitat improvements, access to the countryside improvements, organising volunteers and corporate volunteering days.
- We are looking for someone with a knowledge of countryside conservation and an ability to manage contractors, stakeholders, and volunteers in order to successfully deliver a diverse range of projects. You should have some experience of managing projects and some practical experience so that you can run volunteering days.
- You will rejuvenate some of the accesses into the countryside, install some new views points, implement management plans for the protection of wildlife on specific sites and manage the work of contractors as they deliver some of these infrastructure improvements.
- Corporate volunteering is a big part of how we look after the Regional Park and you will be leading volunteering days as we look to strengthen this aspect with a view to enabling us to extend this role beyond the current end date.
- A key part of all this work is ensuring that local people learn more about the landscape through talks and guided walks etc. working as part of a supportive team engagement is a key output for all of us.
- The role may suit someone with some experience of organising and making projects happen but who is looking to get out from behind a desk and get more hands on.
Please contact us if you have:
- A knowledge of countryside conservation.
- The ability to manage contractors, stakeholders, and volunteers in order to successfully deliver a range of diverse projects.
- Practical experience of managing volunteers on conservation tasks.
- A track record of organising and completing projects on time and to a budget.
- The ability to communicate your enthusiasm for the countryside and its wildlife to the public.
Groundwork South works with communities across the south of England to transform their lives and the places where they live. We have been at the forefront of social and environmental regeneration for over 25 years, and today we have a simple mission: to create better places, improve people’s prospects, and promote greener living and working.
We are passionate about creating a future where every neighborhood is vibrant and green, every community is strong and able to shape its own destiny, and no-one is held back by their background or circumstances. This vision drives the work that we do. Each year we deliver over 100 innovative projects, tackling the biggest issues facing our communities and creating real and lasting, positive change.
Please send your completed application form, quoting reference ‘HATV21’ to [email protected]
For further information and to discuss the role please contact Debbie Valman at [email protected] or 07850310650
|Closing date for applications:||Midnight on 7th November|
|Interview date:||Thursday 11th November in person at Colne Valley Park Visitor Centre, Denham (Teams is an option).|
Groundwork South is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all members of the community.